Here’s an EASY recipe to mix things up this week. We even made a little extra because it reheats so well. Make enough for your family for dinner and a serving for each of you for lunch! Meal prep made easy and GOOD.
- 6 slices of thick bacon
- 4 chicken breast
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup sliced leeks
- 12 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 14 oz can coconut milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp dijon mustard
- salt to taste
- Begin by heating a large skillet to medium high heat. Add bacon once hot, and cook to desired crispiness. I do about 4-5 mins per side. Remove bacon from heat and reserve 1 tbsp of bacon grease.
- Bring skillet back to your burner, add chicken to the pan. Cook each breast 3-4 mins per side (depending on thickness), but do not cook all the way through. Remove chicken from pan, but keep pan hot.
- Add coconut oil to the pan if it’s dry, and then toss in mushrooms and leeks. Saute for 5-6 minutes, or until mushrooms are fragrant and leeks are softened.
- Crumble bacon into small pieces and return to the pan with mushrooms. Add chicken and coconut milk, stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together dijon and maple syrup. Pour mixture into the pan and continue to whisk until well combined.
- Simmer for 8-10 minutes. Serve over zoodles, spaghetti squash, spinach or brown rice.